Piano Safari Theory Book 1, Katherine Fisher & Julie Knerr 9781470613006
The Piano Safari series of Piano Method books and resources by Katherine Fisher and Julie Kerr is a modern approach to teaching the piano that is recommended by ‘The Curious Piano Teachers’ community. It has been widely acclaimed by piano teachers and is now the preferred choice of many leading professionals.
The series comprises of 3 levels, with:
- A carefully sequenced, intervallic approach for learning to read music notation
- Patterned pieces taught by rote that provide engaging music for students from the first lesson
- Animal themed Technique Exercises that teach the basic motions of piano technique
- Improvisation ideas for developing creativity
- A holistic approach combining ears, eyes, and imagination that allows children to become musically literate at the piano
- Accompanying Sight Reading and Rhythm Cards
- Supplementary Technical Exercises and Rote Pieces
Theory Book 1 correlates with Repertoire Book 1 and the Sight Reading & Rhythm Cards for Book 1 to provide additional reinforcement for each unit.
Concepts included in Theory Book 1:
- Rhythmic values
- Animal Rhythm Patterns
- Landmark Notes
- Intervals of 2nds & 3rds
Product information: 64 Pages
Students learn new concepts in Repertoire Book 1 and the Sight Reading Cards by analyzing and playing pieces and exercises. In Theory Book 1, additional modes of learning are utilized, which include:
These varying ways of approaching each concept ensure that students understand the basics of music notation thoroughly. Theory Book 1 is suitable both for use in the lesson and as homework for private lessons and group classes.